Sunday 1 May 2011

So This is Blogging...

I wonder how long I could stare at this blank screen before the words come?
It's not that I have nothing to say, but that I feel I have SO much to say and share with you I'm not quite sure where to start.

I guess the beginning is always a great place to start something.

There are two reasons I wanted to start a blog.
The first reason is that I love to write.
Not that I'm an author or anything, but I enjoy composing sentences and paragraphs using words that come together to create something meaningful.

To convey an idea.
To encourage a friend.
To bring hope to the hurting.
To show others that they can create something beautiful in their life.

I want the posts I write to be meaningful, encouraging, and to brighten your day.

I think I enjoy communicating through the written word because I can choose what to say, and how to say it.
Writing gives me the luxury of thinking before I "speak" - not only to prevent me from saying something that could be offensive, but quite often when I'm speaking with someone face to face I find it hard to speak cohesively, and I scream inside my head "spit it out!!"
Do you ever struggle with that?

The other reason I wanted to start a blog was that I wanted a platform to showcase the things I make.
God made me creative, and if I don't use that gift I feel very, very blah.
I confess that I haven't made good use of His gift to me, for one reason or another, but I'll talk about that another day.

Before I go, I want to explain the reason for the rather unusual title for my blog.
"Une Vie Florissante" is french for "A Flourishing Life" (isn't french beautiful?).
When I was setting up the blog I wanted to incorporate the word "flourish" in the title somewhere, because it speaks of growth and health, AND one of my favourite stamps to use when crafting is a flourish (a swirly fancy curlicue thing).

Why french?
Well, because in english it was taken.
As simple as that.

X Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. It's a fabulous blog Bek! Well done for getting it all done yourself ;) you have much to be proud of... and a great first post. I think we are all creative in some way - we are all made in His likeness, and He is the Ultimate Creator - and it will be a joy to follow your creative journery that He has you on. Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the developing formation of your first blog! I have never doubted your creative abilities in writing, and in your craft. I know you aim to put Jesus at the centre of everything you do. I'm looking forward to reading future blogs - and sharing my own thoughts where appropriate. You are a great encourager of me, more than you can know. So, keep at it Bec, and inspire us all. Dad xxx

    ReplyDelete