Sunday 11 December 2011

As You Walk Along


Psalm 40:1-3
"I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, 
and He turned to me and heard my cry.

He lifted me out of the pit of despair,
out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground and
steadied me as I walked along.

He has given me a new song to sing,
a hymn of praise to our God.

Many will see what He has done and be amazed.
They will put their trust in the Lord." 

Here the Psalmist King David talks about waiting patiently and expectantly for the Lord to help: "He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire."

Have you been languishing in a pit of despair, feeling stuck in a pit of quicksand that is threatening to swallow you up?
Take heart my friend.

God will pull you out.
He will pull you out and place you on solid ground - He is safe, reliable and constant, our strength and hope.

Then David says, "...(God) steadied me as I walked along..." (verse 2b)
It is in the WALKING that we find strength and steadiness. As we walk - as we step out, one foot after the other - He will fill us with His strength.

But only as we step out in faith.
Hiding away from life doesn't help - it only causes you to sink deeper.
How do you know what the Lord will do if you just hide yourself away?
How do you know what can be achieved unless you get up and start "walking"?

Step by step.
One foot after the other.
Moment by moment He will lead you.

A bientot mes amis...
XRebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment